The Essentials of Wound Care for the Health and Care Workforce e-learning programme was developed by Health Education England e-learning for healthcare (HEE elfh) in partnership with the National Wound Care Strategy Programme and Health Education England.
Designed to support the health and care workforce, this e-learning programme aims to develop the knowledge and skills needed to enable appropriate wound care to people in any setting.
About the e-learning sessions
The new e-learning sessions are part of a suite of essential wound care sessions, aimed at developing wound care knowledge and skills for any patient facing heath and care practitioner.
- Essentials of the Foot at Risk
- Essentials of Digital Wound Imaging
- Essentials of Pressure Ulcer Prevention
Existing sessions in the e-learning programme were designed to provide an introduction to wound care.
- Essentials of Skin Care
- Essentials of Wound Assessment
- Essentials of Leg Ulceration
These interactive sessions take approximately 30 to 45 minutes to complete and certificates are available to download on completion of each session.
These education resources have been developed as part of the National Wound Care Strategy programme, which aims to implement a consistently high standard of wound care across England by reducing unnecessary variation, improving safety and optimising patient experience and outcomes.
Visit the National Wound Care Strategy website for more information about the programme.
How to access the e-learning programme
- To learn more about the sessions, please visit the National Wound Care Strategy programme page.
- The National Wound Care Strategy Programme e-learning is also available to the NHS health and care workforce via AICC and the Electronic Staff Record (ESR).
To help us ensure our e-learning resources are relevant and support your continued development, you can complete the wound care evaluation survey.