We have lots of resources, free for everyone to browse and read and share. These resources are suitable for a range of skin and wound care disciplines, roles, and educational purposes.
Greenwood C, Nelson EA, Nixon J, Vargas-Palacios A, McGinnis E
- Pressure ulcers (PU) develop & heal differently to the heel compared to other body sites
- This paper reviews the effectiveness of all heel specific devices for the prevention of heel PUs
- Off-loading devices may reduce HPU incidence, but low-quality evidence reduces certainty
- Insufficient evidence of effectiveness for dressings or devices that reduce pressure at the heel
- Further good quality research is required