2020 has been a year of challenge and change for us all and the TVS, like many organisations, has had to adapt the way it has worked in order to support it’s members and industry partners.
Nevertheless, in spite of this, the TVS have made many achievements and here are just some of them…
- With the majority of our Board of Trustees redeployed, a core working group was established to achieve the TVS’s mission and to engage with industry and media partners to support Healthcare Professionals and their patients by providing VITAL RESOURCES DURING THE PANDEMIC
- We were delighted to be the cooperating society for the 30th annual conference of the European Wound Management Association (EWMA). With 9,758 registered delegates, 471 scientific presentations and reaching 113 countries – it was the LARGEST VIRTUAL WOUND CARE CONFERENCE OF THE YEAR! If you missed any of the sessions, you can watch them on demand here
- We launched our EDUCATION ENDORSEMENT INITIATIVE with our industry partners which enables us to fulfil our vision and mission more easily than we could independently. Thanks to Activheal, Coloplast and Smith+Nephew for their support. Further details can be found here
- As the way we all work changed dramatically in 2020, so did the way we delivered our education. For the time being, the TVS has moved into the virtual world and transformed our FOUNDATION AND ADVANCED STUDY DAYS into virtual events including the opportunity for companies to showcase their products. Dates are available for January through to May in 2021 – to find out more and book your place, click here
- We held the first in our WEBINAR SERIES on Lost in translation: implementing the TVS seating guidelines. This webinar shared successes and explored the challenges faced by clinicians from an academic and practical perspective. Missed it? You can watch it on demand here!
- The TVS, NHS England and NHS Improvement, along with industry and media partners, supported Healthcare Professionals to take part in the international STOP the Pressure campaign in November. We produced a FREE GRAB PACK, SUPPORTED A VIRTUAL BAKE OFF AND HELD OUR FIRST VIRTUAL PUB QUIZ! Online resources are still available to download and we look forward to another successful campaign in 2021!
- And last but by no means least, we won the prestigious Urgo Foundation Award for our
SKIN CARE CHAMPIONS PROGRAMME & NETWORK! Due to the impact of Coronavirus, awareness of the Home Care sector rose dramatically, and the nation has recognised and applauded the essential role played by carers in the healthcare system. However, training for these essential workers can be extremely variable due to resource and financial constraints. The TVS wanted to provide a trusted and endorsed programme of cost-effective and easily accessible education and networking that will ensure organisations who subscribe will have a Skin Care Champion who can help to make sure that excellent care is provided to their clients and residents and be seen as a source of information and knowledge to their peers. To find out more about this exciting programme click here