Join us on Thursday 19 May at 8am for our Scientific Symposium - Don’t let hard-to-heal wounds hold you back - Kickstart Healing Now! - Sponsored by Smith+Nephew
We’re delighted to present this session run in partnership with Smith+Nephew
Title: Don’t let hard-to-heal wounds hold you back – Kickstart Healing Now!
Time: 08:00 – 09:00
Date: Thursday 19 May 2022
Moderator: Kate Williams –
Lauren Olenczuk – Healthcare Outcomes Manager – Smith+Nephew
Jeanette Milne – Chief Matron for Community Services at Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust
This symposium consists of two presentations on the challenges of unhealing wounds, and their disproportionate burden on both resources, costs and patient care. We will explore the impacts of terminology and language, potential solutions to consider, including how to kickstart these wounds back into a healing trajectory, and a call to action.
- To understand the importance of the terms we use in hard to heal wounds
- To understand the practical issues with using different terminology that means the same thing
- To recognise how differences in terminology can impact both clinical practice and the patient experience
- To understand the financial impact of hard to heal wounds
- To recognise how differences in clinical pathways impact on both practitioner and the patient experience
- To understand the current clinical evidence and early clinical application of sNPWT to manage symptoms, address patient goals, and prevent wound complications
We look forward to seeing you!
Senior Lecturer - Tissue Viability and Honorary Tissue Viability Nurse
University of Huddersfield and Leeds Community Healthcare TrustRead more…
Healthcare Outcomes Manager
Smith + NephewRead more…
Chief Matron for Community Services
Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation TrustRead more…