Our on-line educational sessions promote the best practices in skin health and wound healing
There are currently approximately 75,000 people living with a leg ulcer each year with many more experiencing other lower limb conditions such as lymphoedema or foot ulceration. Many of these conditions can be avoided if signs are detected early and the right action taken.
This session will provide delegates with the fundamentals of lower limb and foot care. You will learn about the common conditions, the underlying causes and how to recognise them. You will also learn what to do to prevent some of these conditions occurring and about your role in maintaining lower limb and foot health.
Who’s the Fundamentals of Lower Limb Care suitable for?
The session is delivered at a basic level so is ideal for those with a limited knowledge of lower limb care but will also be a useful for anyone wanting a refresher. This event is aimed at:
- Registered and non-registered nurses working in community
- Hospital and care home settings, podiatrists
- Clinicians with an interest in lower limb conditions
- Pre-reg student nurses,
- People returning to clinical practice to update their knowledge
There will be an interactive presentation of wound care products and preventative aids from our industry partners:
And more to be confirmed!
Our Trustees look forward to welcoming you all virtually to the classroom
Lower limb learning objectives
By the end of the session, delegates will:
- Have a greater understanding of common lower limb conditions and their underlying causes
- Be able to recognise the signs of lower limb vascular disease
- Have more confidence when carrying out a lower limb assessment
- Be able to recommend the steps required to maintain lower limb health
Foot learning objectives
By the end of session, delegates will:
- Be able to recognise skin and nail problems
- Understand skin conditions of the feet and common foot problems
- Gain knowledge of treatment of foot problems in Podiatry and recognise when to refer to Podiatry
- Understand the importance of footwear
- Recognise foot deformity