Our free service specific/specialist days promote the best practices in skin health and wound healing
Caring for children with a chronic illness or disability can pose many challenges to healthcare professionals. Frequently this includes the risks associated with maintaining skin integrity and wound healing when faced with complex factors that can impact on patient outcomes.
This advanced study day will explore some of the factors that need to be considered when assessing children with complex skin and wound care needs and will also provide insight into managing specific conditions such as pilonidal sinus and pressure ulceration.
Who’s the Skin health and wound care for children suitable for?
The Skin health and wound care for children service specific/specialist day is aimed at Children’s Nurses, Community Children’s Nurses, Paediatric Specialist Nurses, Tissue Viability Nurses, Practice Nurses, GPs, children’s nursing students.
By the end of the session, delegates will have:
- A good understanding of why pilonidal sinus occurs and the treatment options recommended.
- An enhanced awareness of the factors that need considering when putting in place a pressure ulceration prevention plan
- A good understanding of how to recognise, treat and prevent moisture associated skin damage for children at risk.
- A good understanding of the common dermatological conditions children can develop and the treatment options recommended.
- A good understanding of the key wound care principles when caring for a child following complex surgery.
- A greater understanding about the care of burns after healing and the general principles of scar management.
There will be an interactive virtual exhibition of wound care products and preventative aids from our industry partners.
Our Trustees look forward to welcoming you all virtually to the classroom.
Independent Tissue Viability Consultant
Wound MattersRead more…
Clinical Research Director
Welsh Wound Innovation CentreRead more…
Lead Tissue Viability Nurse Specialist and Associate Lecturer
University Hospitals of Derby and Burton NHS Foundation Trust and Queens HospitalRead more…
Paediatric Tissue Viability Specialist Nurse
Sheffield Children's NHS Foundation TrustRead more…
Nurse Consultant Dermatology and Clinical Lead
Rotherham NHS Foundation TrustRead more…
Editor and Locum Consultant in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
Wound Masterclass, LondonRead more…
Burns and Plastic Surgery Clinical Nurse Specialist.
King's College Hospital NHS Foundation TrustRead more…